Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Good News

Great News! I passed my language exam! Woo-hoo! And now our training is over. No more language classes. No more practicum student teaching, no more medical or technical sessions...etc. Now I just have to go home and PACK!

Tomorrow's the big day, the Swearing In Ceremony. At 11AM tomorrow (that's 2AM Thurs Seattle time) we have our swearing in ceremony and we'll all become official Peace Corps Volunteers!

Friday is when we all move to sites. We have to put all of our stuff on public buses and go to site. Thank God I don't have to transfer buses! My counterpart will meet me at the bus station and take me to my new home, my own apartment and I will be "settling in" this weekend.

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Alex said...

Good Luck!! Happy Holiday's!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill, Things are busy around the RMHC. We miss you. So many changes since you left. Michelle and lauren are holding down the fort while Kaarin is on maternity leave. Have a great Christmas. Eileen.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It has been obvious that you've been working hard on your language skills. Hope things go well as you settle in. Ray

Anonymous said...

Oh Congrats! And good luck settling in! Stay warm, you poor thing.

-Jennie