Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Congratulations Heidi and Rick Bagnall!

Woo-hoo! My sister Heidi and her boyfriend Rick have just gotten engaged! Yaaaaaaaaaay! Heidi called me the other night to give me the great news, which I’m absolutely thrilled about. They are planning their wedding to be in January 2007 and, of course, I’ll return home (Seattle) for the event and to be her maid of honor! So, Congratulations to them both! I'm pysched to have a brother-in-law!

I announced the news to my fellow teachers at school the next day and we had a little party to celebrate. After giving me their congratulations, of course, the most common response was for them to say to me "You're next!". Ha ha.

If that wasn't enough great news, Heidi and friend Maki are coming to visit me in Macedonia soon. They will first arrive in Greece and next week I'll meet them in Thessaloniki (about 6 hours by train). From there I'll bring them into Macedonia where we will visit my host family, my town of Kochani and perhaps go to a few other placs to sightsee and visit other volunteers.

As of today I've been at site for 3 weeks and the travel ban has been lifted. A PC policy, volunteers are not allowed to travel outside of country for the first 6 months. Reason being, they want you to be committed to your site, to get connected to your community and be focused on work. Peace Corps is definately NOT a two year vacation!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG tell her I said congrats thats terrific. I'm glad she finally found someone. and you never know you could be next Jill. love your best friend nessa aka sam lol

Alex said...

Hi Jill, how are you? I'm fine!!
Please tell Heidi, congratulation's for me, and from Mikey Jr, Andrea, and her Mom Arlene also. So how's the weather? Happy Frist day of Spring. Have a good one Sweetie!!