Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Happy Anniversary!

It was a year ago and a day that I arrived in Macedonia for the first time to begin my Peace Corps adventure. Hard to believe it's been a year now that I've been here! (And subsequently, a new group of Mac 11's just arrived on Monday, they're a big group, 49 of them! They are now starting their 3 months of training in Veles, just like my group did last year).

Now, before you think that this means that I will be back in Seattle 12 months from now, I must remind you that PC service is a total of 27 months (2 years and 3 months of training). So, technically my COS (Close of Service) date is Dec 15th, 2007. However, since I plan to start graduate school (I'm deferring my acceptance to the University of Washington Master in Teaching program) in January 2008, I hope to leave a little earlier, so it will be sometime in the fall of next year that I'm thinking of finishing my PC service. Ke vidame! (We'll see).

"Happy One Year Anniversary to MAC 10!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey girl congratulations on your anniversary. we miss you so much. cant wait to see you

Jesse Warner said...

Awwww! Thanks girl! I miss you all too! :)