Friday, June 01, 2007

Last Big Trip (for now)

...Fast Forward a few months!

I've gotten very busy this spring with a new part-time job (selling Partylite Candles), taking little trips here and there (ie; Maui with my family, to visit my brother who now lives there) and catching up with old friends while making new ones!

After many months of paperwork and airline bureaucracy, I got my plane tickets from Seattle to Macedonia (originally in January) switched to June. I'm returning to Macedonia for a visit to see friends again and get some closure. Since I'm over there I've made arrangements to meet up with my friend Matt who is traveling around the world right now, and tour a bit Romania together (see his blog at http://velotrek.blogspot.com).

I leave Monday, June 4th and come back on the 27th. This will be my last big trip for awhile because...

I got accepted to Seattle University Masters in Teaching program and I start September 4th. I'm very excited about this opportunity, I'll finally make it official and get my Teachers Certificate. Just imagine, Fall of 2008 I should (hopefully) have my own classroom! I plan to teach general ed and I'd like to teach 5th grade.

Not only that but I just learned that I am a recipient of one of several $3,000 MIT alumni scholorship, for outstanding applicants who have financial need. I am thrilled and honored to be one of the chosen. Seattle U isn't cheap, but it does have an outstanding reputation and I know that I will get an excellent quality education in my pursuit to be an excellent educator!

(I still plan to post about Tanzania and my sisters wedding, just be patient with me!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is very exciting! As a Seattle U MIT Grad, I can say it is probably one of the best programs in the country. It will be a crazy year, but once it is over and you have that classroom, you know it was well worth it!

Jesse Warner said...

Right on, thanks for the encouragement!