Sunday, December 03, 2006

Kitten Caboodle!

I don't remember if I said this or not, but my kitten Miloyka was adopted by the PCV couple who took care of her while I was on med evac status this summer. They fell in love with her and asked if they could keep her. It was a tough decision but I decided to let them keep her. Besides, I have a cat back in America anyways. That was back in August. So once again I was living solo without a "roommate" this fall.

But I have a soft spot in my heart for animals and Macedonia has plenty of stray animals to go around. So, about a month ago after returning from a weekend in Skopje I discovered a little kitten crying in the hallway of my apartment building. This is not the first time that this is happened, so I did what I normally do and gave it a bowl of milk. This kitten didn't act afraid of me, as most other stray animals do. She was very affectionate and purring all over the place and...

Well. You know the rest. I now have another kitten as a "roommate".

Her name is Mila, which means "dear" in Macedonian. Don't be fooled by her adorable looks, she really is quite a rascal and gets into more trouble than Miloyka did.

However, it is nice to have some company around the apartment, especially now that winter is here and it gets pretty cold at night, so I have something warm and fuzzy to snuggle with now.

Mila Posted by Picasa


Mila, the "Angel" Posted by Picasa


The Rascal Posted by Picasa


Mila's favorite place Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Alex said...

AWWWW SOOOOOOOOO CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE