Saturday, September 24, 2005

Jesse vs. Jill

Some of you have noticed that I have two names here, and most of you who are reading this know me as Jill. Well, I thought about it all summer and after long consideration, I decided to go by a new name and I chose Jesse.

In Ecuador the "j" letter has a "y" sound, so many Ecuadorians would call me "Heel" or "Geel". Upon first exposure to the Macedonian language I was under the same impression that the "j" letter has a "y" sound. I decided I didn't really want to be called "yill", so I started thinking of a new name to go by (but I'm not changing anything legally mind you). I thought about a few names that don't start with "J" for awhile and then one day I found out that Macedonian does have a "j" sound, although it's a different letter. So, again after consideration, I decided upon the name "Jesse".

Those of you back home can still call me Jill. Don't worry about that. Now, after I've gone by "Jesse" for two years, I may change my mind, but that's another story!

No comments: